The best places not to be missed in Uttar Pradesh!
Uttar Pradesh is a state in North India. Its city, Agra is home to one of the Seven Wonders of the World Taj Mahal. Uttar Pradesh is the most populous state in India and has many historical and religious monuments. The capital city Lucknow is known for its Muslim memorial shrines like Bada Imambara and Chota Imambara where as the city Varanasi is the holiest city for Hinduism often being called the religious capital of India.
The state of Uttar Pradesh is very diverse for its multi religious Traditions and Customs containing the people of different backgrounds and beliefs. The people here belong to Muslims, Hinduism, Christians, Jainism and Buddhism. Geographically, Uttar Pradesh hosts the most important places of significance for Hindus, Muslims, Jains and Buddhists. Thus contributing to the greatest diversity and this probably is the reason it is called as Heartland of India.
Here are some of the top places to be never missed in Uttar Pradesh:
- Varanasi is one of the most colorful cities. It is one of the most important of seven holiest cities in India for Hindus. This city is also known as Benaras and Kashi.
- Agra is yet another location which is probably the main reason to visit India because of the beautiful Taj Mahal. The Agra fort dating back to 17th century is also a great site.
- Gorakhnath Mandir
- Sarnath is an ancient city famous for its geographical location where the holy rivers Ganga and Gangotri meet.
- Hazratganj is famous market place which is said to be existing since the times of Mughal rulers.
- Chowk is one of the oldest and biggest markets of Uttar Pradesh. This market is famous for maintaining the historical heritage of Nawabi glamour.
- Hindu college or Uttara Kasi University is one of the oldest educational institutions.
- Assi Ghat is one of the most popular among the tourists known for the holy dip before offering prayers to shivalinga.
- Dashashwamedh Ghat
- Jhansi Fort is the best fort and is one of the strongest forts in the world.
- Mathura – Vrindavan is the birth place of Lord Krishna. It is visited by tourists from all over the world.
- Kashi Vishwanath Temple is one of the most famous Hindu Temples in the world and the holiest place for Hindus.
- Kushinagar, Kaushambi and Sravasti are Buddhist religious sites
- Durgakund Temple
- Jain Mandir
- Gokul Dham
- Triveni sangam in Allahabad which is the meeting point of Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati.
- Ram Raja Mandir
- Sheesh Mahal (Turkish Bath)
- Fatehpur Sikri
- Geeta Press
- Ambedkar Memorial
- Chaturbhuj Temple
- Dudhwa National Park which is a Tiger reserve park
- Ayodhya is an ancient city of India which is believed to be the birthplace of Lord Ram
Uttar Pradesh connects Nepal, which is one of the most visited tourist places in Asia. The travel agencies hosted in Gorakhpur provide the best touring experiences to Nepal through their largest connectivity with Nepal travel agencies.